Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chrome Browser

Blogger isn't the only Google product I haven't used. While I had the Chrome Browser installed on my computer it was only used to preview my web site to make sure everything displayed OK.

It's only two days and I'm pretty hooked. I've never 'tweeked' a browser before. But Chrome made it all too easy for me not to. Instead of my desktop littered with shortcuts my favorite sites are now displayed out of the way on the bookmarks bar. The most frequently used sites are only a click away on the displayed bookmarks bar while the those used less frequently but often are hidden on the bar by the Other bookmarks folder. It takes two clicks to get to those. Maybe I could have set up something similar on other browsers but I never tried.

Some tasks I normally had to open another website or program to do are now tools displayed as 'apps' on the address bar. What ever they may be called,  apps - extensions - or whatchamacallits I found to be quite useful. I even picked up some handy little tools I didn't have before at the Google Chrome Apps Store. I chose the free ones of course.

Meanwhile I'm waiting on my Chrome Notebook. I'm trying not to get too used to the Google experience but playing with my two new Google toys is hard to resist. Hence the second post :)

Note:
I find Blogger so easy to use I guess I won't have much to say about it until I run into a problem. Publishing a simple blog post that looks good is foolproof enough for me to be able to use it with no problems so far. learning what the Chrome browser can do is far more of a challenge for me. And that's not hard, it just takes some time reading, playing with it and the hardest part of all for me - remembering what I've done.

1 comment:

  1. Just checking.

    I needed to see how commenting looked.

    ReplyDelete