Thursday, December 30, 2010

photo phrustration

Today pretty much confirmed that the cr-48 will not replace my desk top computer any time soon. Regardless where the problems lay, taking two hours to upload 15 photos is unacceptable. Add some quirky hassles thrown in by Picnik and it became annoyingly frustrating dealing with todays photos.

With no way to preview the photos on the SD card I was pretty much forced to upload files just to look at them. The cr-48 file system sees the SD card but refuses to open any sub folder where the photos are stored. At an average of 4 MB each it was an awful waste of bandwidth and time just to select the photos I wanted to save / use. Most of my photos hardly reach that level and I sure don't need to go through that run around to find out.

3 hours later and I have 6 photos I'm not really happy with. On the old desktop I could have done the same thing in a couple of minutes.  Since they're not quite good enough for my other blog I'll post them here from
my Picasa Web Gallery.

From here it's a piece of cake. Inserting images in Blogger post from a Picasa gallery is quick and easy. Add some text and Bingo - another post best forgotten.

The 'front yard'


Headed out back to the corn fields a boulder with a snow collar caught my attention.


Inserted images are easily sized while in Edit HTML. 
I only need to click the image to select the size I want it to display. 

Ice in a small brook that cuts through the corn field.


Turkey's in the corn stubble.



On the way back I spotted a Cedar 'growth'  Unfortunately Picnik is having a hard time dealing with this image even though it seemed to be save correctly and it displays in the gallery. For some reason I can't get it to either download to the computer or insert it in this post. 

...and that's a good enough reason to stop here.



2 comments:

  1. That's just wrong.... When I'd heard that the machine wuz strictly "cloud" computing, that was the first thing that came to mind as a huge issue...
    What about flash drives? external hard drives? Irfanview is supposed to work on a memory stick...
    Seems like time to test that assertion...
    Dunno what I'd do without being able to crop and resize and optimize before uploading... Get a faster internet connection?
    Nice pics....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I've got company. Not enamoured of Piknik. Tried it briefly and waited, and waited, and gave up.

    ReplyDelete