Thursday, December 16, 2010

Coming to you from my cr-48

The Google cr-48 arrived late afternoon yesterday. I had to drive to town to use the wireless network at the local university in order to use it. Setting it up was easy. Selecting the owner photo proved to be the most difficult task. I surfed a while, closed the cover and went to see if I could find a USB-Ethernet adapter because the cr-48 lacks an ethernet port.

It's a good thing I didn't find one in town. It meant I couldn't use the notebook but it did give me time to think straight and realize what I should have been considering all along was a combination  Ethernet - Wireless router. Google's documentation said to use the adapter so that stuck in my mind. They should have mentioned a router. For a few dollars more I learned my comfy chair arm rest makes a great mousepad. The cr-48 has a nice touchpad but I prefer a mouse.

The closest router was 40 miles away. I didn't get the home network set up until late evening tonight. Once finished I spent a couple hours forum reading. surfing, video viewing and game playing. The big test I passed up, Netflix will have to wait. It's still too much fun playing with the notebook to be distracted with a movie.

Last stop - Blogger
This post was written on a cr-48 with a stop at Picasa to pick up a photo.

Here's looking at ya until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment