Saturday, December 18, 2010

photo upload success

Somehow I managed to upload a photo from my usb port on the cr-48 to the Picnik photo editor. Then from Picnik to Picassa. Next step is getting it here. On your mark get set - Go!

This was the box the cr-48 came in.

From Chrome Notebook
The process still feels clunky but theres hope since I did get it done. That's one more step away from my desktop. Another cool think I forgot about is Google maps. Since I'm now doing all things Google I went back to the maps. I shoulda remembered them. It's a lot easier to add a Google map than writing directions. How many words is this map worth?

 
View Canoe Pyrites to Canton in a larger map

 ..and to think I used to make maps in my image editor using the census maps from 1990. no wonder I did so few. Now it only takes a couple of minutes. The canoe launch map for the Grasse River is incomplete but I can go back and update it anytime. In fact I just added 2 parking areas to the map while working on this post. I see I'm going to be spending a fair amount of time creating a 'master map' to go along with my wiseacre gardens blog. Placed in the sidebar it will give locations to most of my activities, photo locations and other location specific data.

OK time to see what other goodies are floating in the cloud. CYA later gator.

3 comments:

  1. U got 1 of the chrome notebooks? congrats man! I put in an application... but... I really do a lot of my work offline, don't expect to hear back from google...

    ReplyDelete
  2. stone.
    long time no see. nice to see you're still around.

    There's still hope, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... I'll cross fingers...
    Wuz down at best buy b4 Christmas, looking at their orchard... My mouth wuz saliv8ing... even picked out the apple I wanted... n then checked my wallet...

    Have you checked out my new blog?
    Posting like crazy, really like using wordpress...

    ReplyDelete