Wednesday, December 22, 2010

value added

I haven't really created anything new lately but I am using what I already have on the web in new ways. Not that the ways or apps are new - just me to them. If nothing else the cr-48 has trying new apps and they in return has me thinking how best to use them.

Picnik as a photo editor has won me over now that I've become familiar with it. Moving images from Picnik to my photo galleries at Picasa is fast and easy. From Picasa it's easy to embed a number of different sized slide shows into a blog or web site by setting the options and pasting the generated code in the right place. Blogger helped make that easy here as you can see in the sidebar.

because my other blog is photo intensive and text light this post looked funny to me when previewed. I can't help myself, it's my hobby so I'm sticking a photo that I played with today in the middle of things.


Now instead of having my photos scattered and time consuming to view on blogs and web sites they are being collected and displayed in one easy to use place. Add in a nice slide show creator and Picasa is a real winner for me. Not only that the photo subjects can be marked and located on a map. The only shortfall there is that the Picasa map and Google maps can't be tied together forcing me to make two sets of maps for some themes'

which brings me to Google maps. I'll be creating a few as a work in progress as I post to my blogs. About the only thing I'm not sure of is exactly how I want to incorporate all this 'value added' to my site and blog .

The beginnings of my wildflower locator:


View Roadside Wildflowers of northern New York in a larger map
All work done on this post has been done in the cloud while sitting in my easy chair.  My desktop is going to miss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment